Come celebrate Somali Independence Day with music, food, and games, at this annual family friendly street festival. Wondering what is Somali Independence Day? Attend this free educational event!
Date: Saturday, July 1, 2017
Transportation: Get there by bus or light rail with a free ride pass!
As Somali Week’s largest event, Ka Joog has lots of exciting activities for this year’s festival!
Some of the highlighted attractions include:
- 3×3 Soccer Tournament
- Lottery Giveaways and Prizes
- Youth Development and Sports Organizations
- Information on Sports and Nutrition
- Healthy Beverage Options, Information, and Giveaways
- Asiya Sport
Health and Wellness Lane
- Mobile Clinic
- Health Awareness
- Free Health Screenings
- Community Health Organizations
- Children’s Play Area
- Petting Zoo
- Mobile Library
- Face Painting
- Carnival Games
Community Village and Arts Lane
- Somali Hut
- Somali Tee-pee
- Somali Artifacts presented by the Somali Museum of Minnesota
- Cultural Dances and Performances presented by the Somali Museum of Minnesota Dance Troupe
- Art Exhibits by Soomaal House of Art
- SYL Monument Replica created by artist Kaamil Haider
- Live Entertainment
- Local Somali Craft Artists
Please keep checking this site for updated attractions, times, and transportation information as Somali Week approaches.