Come celebrate Somali Independence Day with music, food, and games, at this annual family friendly street festival. Wondering what is Somali Independence Day? Attend this free educational event!
Keep checking our website for dates, times, and location in 2018!
As Somali Week’s largest event, Ka Joog has lots of exciting activities for this year’s festival!
Some of the highlighted attractions include:
- 3×3 Soccer Tournament
- Lottery Giveaways and Prizes
- Youth Development and Sports Organizations
- Information on Sports and Nutrition
- Healthy Beverage Options, Information, and Giveaways
- Asiya Sport
Health and Wellness Lane
- Mobile Clinic
- Health Awareness
- Free Health Screenings
- Community Health Organizations
- Children’s Play Area
- Petting Zoo
- Mobile Library
- Face Painting
- Carnival Games
Community Village and Arts Lane
- Somali Hut
- Somali Tee-pee
- Somali Artifacts presented by the Somali Museum of Minnesota
- Cultural Dances and Performances presented by the Somali Museum of Minnesota Dance Troupe
- Art Exhibits by Soomaal House of Art
- SYL Monument Replica created by artist Kaamil Haider
- Live Entertainment
- Local Somali Craft Artists
Please keep checking this site for updated attractions, times, and transportation information as Somali Week approaches.